Summer Borscht (Eastern European dish)
- 1KG cooked and cooled, diced fresh beetroot
- 740 gram Clearwater’s Cream Top Yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 cups medium-diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill and chives for serving.
In a large bowl, mix together the yoghurt, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add the beets, cucumber, shallots, and dill to the soup. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Season, to taste, and serve cold with an extra sprig of fresh dill, and some chopped chives. In Poland this is often served with boiled eggs.